Best Coaching for Uttarakhand Judicial Services Civil Judge Junior Division Exam …Great Legal Thinker, Legal Columnist and Legal Teacher of India – Mr. Neelambar Jha, KNOW MORE …Click Here
Uttarakhand Judicial Services Civil Judge (Junior Division) Exam-2011 2012
Last Date : 13 June 2011 2012
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Part I-General knowledge- It will include day today happenings around India and the world particularly in the legal spheres. The questions may relate mainly to international law, neutrality, recent legislation pronouncement particularly Indian Constitution, law and development and legal aspects but it will not be confined to this only
Part II- It will cover the following Acts and Laws-Transfer of Properties Act, Principle of Hindu laws and Principle of Muslim laws, Evidence Act, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Penal Code, Civil Procedure Code.
The examination will include the following subjects, each subject will carry the number of marks shown against it :
1- The Present Day 150
2. Language 100
3. Law : Paper I – Substantive Law 200
4. Law : Paper II – Evidence & Procedure 200
5- Law : Paper III – Revenue & Criminal 200
6. Viva-Voce 100
(1) The Present Day- This paper is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of the reactions to what is happening in India and the world generallay at the present day, particularly in the legal sphere and also his power of expression in English.
Question, the answers to which should be in essay form will relate mainly to jurisprudence, international law, neutrality, recent legislation, particularly-Indian Constitutional law and developments, especially on their legal aspect and so on but will not be confirmed to them. Credit will be given both for substance and expression; conversely deduction will be made for bad expression, including faults of grammer, misuse of words etc.
(2) Language- A passage in English will be set and the candidate will be required to translate it into the ordinary language spoken in the courts, using the
Devanagri script …….Marks 30
Likewise a passage of Hindi will be required to be translated in ordinary
English language …….. Marks 30
There will be English Precis writing also …….Marks 40
(3) Law : Paper I- Substantive Law– The questions set will be restricted to the field covered by-
The Law of Contracts, the Law of Partnership, the Law Concerning casements and torts, the Law relating to transfer of property, including the principles of equity specially applicable thereto, the principles of equity, with special reference to the Law of Trust and specific relief. Hindu Law and Mohammedan Law.
(4) Law : Paper II- Evidence and Procedure- The field will be that covered by the Law of Evidence, the Criminal Procedure Code and Code of Civil Procedure, including the principles of pleading. The questions set will relate mainly to practical matters, such as the framing of charges and issues the methods of dealing with the evidence of witness, the writing of judegment and the conduct of cases generally but will not be restricted to them.
(5) Law : Paper III- Revenue & Criminal – U.P. Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms Act (as applicable in Uttarakhand) and Indian Penal Code.
To Read the Complete Uttarakhand Judicial Services Civil Judge (J.D.) Exam-2011 details, CLICK HERE or directly visit: http://ukpsc.gov.in/files/Documents/PCS-J.pdf